The Links, Incorporated will impact the quality of life for humankind through community service. In response to an ever-changing society, The Links, Incorporated will increase its participation nationally and internationally for a stronger partnership with people of good will and good deeds.
The Links, Incorporated is a volunteer service organization of concerned, committed, and talented women who, linked in friendship, enhance the quality of life in the larger community. The organization is concerned primarily with enriching, sustaining and ensuring the identities, culture and economic survival of African-Americans and persons of African descent. To contribute to the formulation of a positive, productive, and culturally diverse society, The Links, Incorporated also focuses on education, cultural enrichment, health and wellness and civic involvement. This focus is implemented through strategies such as in public information and education, economic development, and public policy.
- To foster economic development
- To educate the public about issues central to the well-being of African-Americans.
- To advocate appropriate public responses to the needs of African-Americans.
- To empower the membership in leadership development by offering training programs for greater effectiveness.
- To provide a positive approach to address critical youth issues.
- To foster artistic endeavors.
- To promote the well-being of the African-American family.
- To collaborate with organizations with similar goals and objectives.
- To increase awareness of international issues, particularly those affecting people of African descent.
The Links, Incorporated is based upon key values, beliefs, and attitudes that are translated into the following “core values” that under gird the organization: Friendship, Integrity, Honesty, Service, Commitment, Family Relationships, Courage, and Respect for self and others.
Local Contributions (1955 - Present )
African American Leadership Initiative (AALI)
Afro-American Cultural Center
Anita Stroud Foundation
Athletes United for Youth
The Charlotte Carousels
Charlotte Volunteers in Medicine
Friends of the Arts
International Children's Outreach Ministry, Incorporated
Johnson C. Smith University Scholarship Fund
Levine Museum of the New South
Lifeshare of the Carolinas
McCrorey Family YMCA
NAACP Legal Defense Fund
*An additional $110,000 in funds donated in partnership with the Crown Jewels Links and Junior League of Charlotte
**The Links, Incorporated is a public service, non-partisan volunteer organization that is listed as tax-exempt because of its purposes and pursuit of charitable endeavors.